Newborn Diaper Bag Essentials
Curious what you should pack in your newborn’s diaper bag? Here’s a list of our favorite items to take with you on an outing with your new baby.
- Diapers & wipes - Obviously a no brainer. Aim to have at least one diaper for every hour that you’ll be gone. It’s a good idea to keep extras in there so you don’t have to refill it every time you leave the house. You may also want to have disposable plastic bags with you incase your little one has a blow out (these can be used to dispose of the dirty diaper or a place to keep baby's dirty clothes).
- Changing pad - Reusable (I love this one) or disposable changing pads are super convenient and require no cleaning.
- Burp cloths / Bibs - Spit up is common with newborns so it’s always a good idea to keep a burp cloth or bib with you to clean up any messes.
- Change of clothes - I always keep at least one change of clothes in the diaper bag. Our sleepers fold up small and are easy to throw in your bag.
- Swaddle Blanket - This one is a must! Use it as a light blanket, nursery cover, floor mat, changing pad, sun shade…and the list goes on.
- Toy / Teether - Small toy, crinkle book and teethers to entertain baby while you are in the car or out is always helpful.
- Pacifier - If your baby uses a paci I suggest bringing two with you just incase. Keep them in a pacifier case that attaches to your diaper bag so they stay clean.
- Bottles - Most likely your newborn will need to eat while you are out. Even though I mostly breastfeed my girls it was sometimes easier to feed them a quick bottle with formula when we were out and about.
- For Mom - I always keep hand sanitizer, lip balm, hand cream, a hair tie, and water.